Wound Care Tips to Help Seniors Recover After Surgery
Taking care of your incision, managing pain, and preventing complications are some of the important concerns after surgery. It is also important to understand discharge instructions so your wound won’t get infected.
At Bayou Home Care, we have certified wound care nurses who are well-trained in caring for patients with major wounds. Our nurses follow the latest concepts in wound care to provide an individualized treatment plan for optimal healing.
Here are some general tips from our home health nursing in Houma, Louisiana for caring for your wound:
- Wash your hands before cleaning your wound.
- Don’t let your incision get we before it’s healed.
- Do not use antiseptics or disinfectants when cleaning open wounds.
- Limit physical activities to prevent the wound from re-opening. There are different home health therapy available to help your wounds heal properly.
- Call your doctor if you notice any signs of infection.
Do you need help caring for your wound? If so, you can hire a provider of skilled nursing in Denham Springs, Louisiana to assist you.