Wound Care for Post-Surgery Patients
After surgery, there is a need to take care of wounds, particularly your stitches, to avoid infection and sudden bleeding due to reopening of the surgical incision. Thus, it is important to know how to properly care for your post-surgical wounds to hasten their healing and allow you to return to your normal physical activities.
Here are some tips to remember that can aid you in looking after your surgical wounds:
- Clean the cut by dabbing a clean, soft cloth or gauze pad that is soaked in a mixture of sterile water and salt
- Avoid using products with harmful substances such as alcohol, lotion, or peroxide
- If the stitches get wet during a shower, pat them dry with a towel
- As an alternative, you may also avail of home nursing services to ensure that your wounds are properly taken care of and monitored by a licensed wound nurse.
Bayou Home Care provides services of home care in Houma, Louisiana, whose mission is to help patients improve their overall health and quality of life through our broad range of specialized services and programs.
One of these services includes a Wound Care Program, together with our team of Certified Wound Care Nurses who attend carefully to a patient’s major wounds sourced from a recent surgery or accident.
Aside from specialized services, we are also a provider of home health nursing in Denham Springs, Louisiana, that will cater to the needs of patients in the comforts of their homes. Among these services include:
- Disease Management
- Incontinence Management
- Medication Management
- Fall and Balance Training
- Private Duty Services